If performance motorcycles are going to storm the market then the mass market is the most important segment of the lot and is getting some serious updates too. Honda clearly announced plans for their next 160cc motorcycle which will be targeted against the upcoming competition. Every manufacturer is almost ready with their 150/160cc offerings. Yamaha will offer fuel injection in the FZ and Hero will bring in a more powerful version of the Xtreme. Meanwhile we have made a pictorial trailer again to tell you what is on its way!
1) Honda 160 – Honda has said it clearly that they are bringing in a 160cc motorcycle next quarter which will end up targeting the bikes which we have listed here. What we hear from sources is that this bike is going to have a half fairing like the old Karizma or the Stunner. The bike automatically targets the Yamaha Fazer which will also be updated soon with an improved engine. The motor is going to be based on the 150cc unit from the CB Trigger and will be pumped up to produce more juice.
2) Yamaha FZ – We have given you endless spy shots of the new FZ being tested but the concept version which was shown at the Auto Expo is the one which is coming. We brought you news that new FZ is getting fuel injection and it is still unsure if it is getting more power. A slight power bump, new styling and more goodies will make the package even more sweet. Yamaha’s DNA of sporty dynamics along with a torquey engine should excite riders.
3) Bajaj Pulsar NS150 – Yes, the Pulsar NS150 is going to look like the Pulsar NS200, However they are going to be changes to make it look like a 150cc with new seats, chain guard, slimmer forks and other small things are about to get changed. The 150cc motor is set to produce 16-17 BHP of power. The chassis and suspension is from the NS which will make it dynamically rich. Value for money tag will make it almost the un-deniable choice for riders in this segment.
4) Suzuki Gixxer – The Gixxer is here to change Suzuki’s fortunes in the Asian two-wheeler motorcycle segment. 155cc motor producing 13.9 PS of power and 13.6 Nm is still quite rocking. Fat forks, able chassis, broad tyres with a monoshock promises a very good ride and handling package. The tablet inspired instrument cluster also looks great. Brand new bike with great styling and Salman Khan doing ads will make it even more popular.
5) Hero Xtreme Sports – Last but not the least, the Hero Xtreme Sports with more power, more goodies and substantial changes in styling is also set to give the competition a tough time. Value for money price tag and Hero fuss-free ownership will attract a lot of buyers. However, it does not seem up to the mark with the lack of monoshock and other things which the competition seems to be offering.