I was confused between Bajaj Pulsar NS 200 & Yamaha FZ25 as my next bike for commuting. After taking test rides of both, I finalized FZ25 but there are certain issues reported by various owners, such as:
1. Tappet noise which is present on almost 90% of FZ25s out there. Tappet noise on a low revving bike is a sign of poor engine head design. RE Classic 350 has the same problem and RE is bashed for poor durability while Yamaha is called the durability king.
2. Rear break pads wears out in 2500-3000 kms & cost Rs. 1000/- to replace along with labour charges.
3. Plastic quality is not that good.
4. Headlight is really dim, I checked that myself.
5. Speedometer console is so bad, looks like it has been sourced from some Chinese 100cc bike.
6. Poor quality silencer pipe. After 10,000 to 15,000 kms, black paint from the silencer pipe chips off in almost all FZ25s and it becomes rusted in appearance. Even bajaj is better in this regard.
7. Engine oil leakage as reported by many owners. I went to buy the FZ25 last week where the showroom tried to sell me an year old model. I asked for a new 2018 manufactured one & when it arrived, engine oil was leaking from the engine head. Is this the so called Yamaha quality?
I really liked the ride experience of Yamaha FZ25 as it pulled quickly from 3-4000 RPM even with a pillion. But I am really weary of the durability and future maintenance of this bike. It would be of great help if existing FZ25 owners can share their ownership experience and whether they faced the above mentioned issues or not. Thanks in advance.