I have shortlisted Maruti Swift VXi AMT (or ZXi manual) and Baleno Delta. Both are petrol models.
Maruti Baleno Plus Points –
1. Better legroom at the rear and more boot space
2. Bigger tyres, 16-inch (but on Swift I can upgrade to 15-inch on VXi)
3. More ground clearance
4. More features per money (Auto AC, rear wiper, etc.)
5. Comfortable and better NVH than Swift?
Maruti Swift Plus Points –
1. Good stability and handling
2. AMT option (better than CVT)
3. Newly launched (Baleno is like 3.5 years old)
4. High tensile steel body
Price wise in Bangalore on-road, Swift VXi-AMT is about Rs. 7.75 lakhs, while ZXi is Rs. 7.85 lakhs. Baleno Delta is Rs. 7.65 lakhs. I don’t find much features useful on Baleno Zeta.
Please tell me if there are any other points that can convince me to get the Baleno. I am not a big fan of premium product neither I love any external glamours and I am not bothered much on smaller space on the Swift. I find driver’s and co-driver’s seat well spaced on Swift.
Here is what I want –
1. Cruising speed at 90-100 km/hr
2. Safe and secure
3. Good handling and should be able to control well at high speeds
4. Good NVH levels
5. Decent storage
Also, if I choose AMT, would I be missing the fun that Swift offers completely? I want my wife to ride easily and AMT is at priority. I’m also new to driving and have not driven these cars extensively, so can’t judge much! Thanks.