The moneysupermarket.com division has teamed up with the Silverstone race track to offer 20% off the price of tickets to the British round of the 2011 Moto GP championship.
This offer is exclusive to anyone who uses the moneysupermarket.com bike insurance price comparison website prior to the event which takes place on the 12th June.
Make your saving
In order to be eligible to take advantage of this exclusive offer, make sure that you follow the five steps provided below:
- Visit and click- Visit the monesupermarket.com motorbike insurance home page and click on the yellow Moto GP logo which is located on the top right hand side of the screen.
- You and your bike- You will then be asked to enter the information which is required in order for bike insurance premiums to be calculated. One part of this will be information about yourself, including your age, occupation and gender. You will also be required to enter a valid bike registration plate number.
- Retrieve and remember- Within minutes you will be provided with a range of bike insurance quotes provided by leading insurance companies. Remember to take a note of the insurer who offers you the cheapest deal, as this will be required later on.
- Phone and answer- The next step is to phone the Silverstone box office on 0844 372 8260 and quote the letters “MSM-MGP”. You will then be asked for the name of the insurer who offered you the cheapest deal on moneysupermarket.com and the for the bike registration plate number you used when you retrieved your quotes in order to verify that you used the comparison service.
- Benefit and Enjoy- Correctly answering these questions will automatically entitle you to a 20% discount on the price of the tickets you order.
The 2011 British Moto GP race will be the first international event to take advantage of Silverstone’s new $44 million pit and paddock complex. These new facilities are located on the opposite side of the track to the old pit and paddock complex alongside Hangar Straight, where Nigel Mansell had his famous wheel banging incident with his team-mate Nelson Piquet during the 1987 Formula One race at the venue.
The new complex has been named “The Wing” and has been met with universal acclaim from the Motorsport community. Even Formula One boss Bernie Ecclestone has been impressed with the new complex, having spent years calling for improvements to be made to the venue: “I’m delighted with the progress and prospects for the future of Silverstone. The pits and paddock complex is a state of the art facility and will form the backbone of Silverstone’s plans to be a world class facility.”
The fight for victory
Yamaha’s Jorge Lorenzo took an easy win at the 2010 British round of the Moto GP championship on his way to an unchallenged championship victory. However, the 2011 season has been far more competitive with Honda having produced what is perhaps the best package in the field. This has allowed their new recruit, the 2007 World Champion Casey Stoner, to take the fight to Jorge Lorenzo as he currently lies just 12 points behind the Spaniard with four races down. This battle will undoubtedly continue at Silverstone.
We have all grown accustomed to nine times World Champion Valentino Rossi being involved in this battle. However, the Italian has joined the struggling Ducati team for this season which has resulted in victories proving illusive to the Italian. However, Rossi is still looking forward to Silverstone, a race he missed last year due to injury: “I’m very excited because I had a toe injury so I had to watch the race from the television but it was not the same and so I decided to come here and see the track because all the other drivers say it is good and fast. I can’t wait for the grand prix.”
With world class facilities, a tight championship fighter and a pumped up legend, the 2011 British Moto GP race is set to be a thriller. Make sure you don’t miss out.